Complete Accent Community College Scholarship submissions must include the following four elements:
1: COMPLETED SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
2: A PERSONAL STATEMENT
- The essay should be one page typed (12pt font, single spaced), maximum.
- Please write about your plans for the future including information about the steps you are taking to reach your goals and including ways that studying abroad may be related to these goals.
- Your essay can provide information about yourself, your family and background, your current activities, interests, employment, volunteer experience, educational achievements and goals, as well as any special needs, financial circumstances, etc. This information will help the scholarship committee to be more completely informed about you as an applicant.
3: TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION (PROFESSIONAL OR ACADEMIC REFERENCES)
- Recommendations may be from instructors, counselors, or staff members at your college, current or former employers, or another person in the community to whom you are not related who knows you and is familiar with your academic work and/or community activities (such as a coach, high school teacher, etc.).
- Letters should be on letterhead, and should provide the Accent Scholarship Committee insight into your personal qualities, character, special talents, academic attributes, financial hardships, etc.
- Remember that faculty, staff, and your other professional contacts are busy; please request recommendation letters a minimum of 2-3 weeks before the deadline, and provide them with information about the scholarship and study abroad program. Accent is not able to reach out to recommenders on your behalf, nor collect late submissions of recommendation letters.
- Letters of Recommendation must include the reference’s contact information.
- Letters of Recommendation can be emailed to email@example.com.
4: UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND A PRINT-OUT OF COURSES IN PROGRESS
- These items can be obtained at your school’s registrar’s office.
- Please confirm all components of your scholarship application are complete before submitting it to Accent. All materials must be submitted together (Letters of Recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students awarded scholarships will be required to serve as Accent Community College Student Ambassadors. Student Ambassadors will be required to contribute at least two blog or newsletter articles related to their study abroad experience to be shared via Accent’s social media networks, with the goal of encouraging other community college students at your college and beyond to pursue study abroad. Accent staff will work with students on the development of these posts. Students awarded scholarships will also be required to assist Accent in Social Media initiatives as they arise.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to be informed 3-4 weeks after the scholarship deadline via email.
- Contact Accent at email@example.com or 341.333.0544 with any questions.