Ready to go global?
No matter how much or how little you have traveled, Accent’s first-class global study programs make your international experience exceptional.
Who is Accent?
We partner with U.S. colleges and universities to develop academic programs in Europe for academically motivated and career-driven students. Programs are hosted in our Study Centers and we act as an extension of your campus support network for all matters from academics to cultural adjustment, housing to health services.
Education abroad is an incredible opportunity to further your goals, experience a new culture, and make lifelong memories. It is exciting, thought-provoking, and challenging. Accent programs have been custom-designed by your school just for students like you.
Accent partners with your college or university to ensure that the high academic standards in place on the U.S. campus are replicated in your international experience. During your time in Europe, you will be exposed to new styles of learning and teaching and challenged to explore the intercultural and global dimensions of your own academic discipline. Your experience will be characterized by:
- Experiential learning – less time in a traditional classroom and more time outside for on-site lectures or visits to museums, archives or businesses
- Adjustment – to new learning environments, types of assessment and teaching styles, while balancing next experiences and routines in your European host-city
- Opportunity – low student-to-faculty ratio, faculty who take interest in your academic and professional development, high-impact experiences to diversify your portfolio
Accent works with trusted local partners to secure housing in vibrant residential neighborhoods, all within a 30-45 minute commute to the Study Center by public transportation or on foot. Your college or university works with Accent to select housing options for the program. You will indicate living and roommate preferences prior to the program and in Europe, an Accent Housing Coordinator will conduct an orientation and help you settle in. Program housing may include:
- Apartments shared with other program participants, with kitchen facilities and shared common space, in buildings populated by local residents
- Homestays with local families, including some meals, and the unmatched opportunity to learn the local language and culture
- Student residences with other U.S., international and local students
- Hotels for short-term programs or academic excursions
Safety and Security
Student safety and security is our primary concern. Accent has experience dealing with many emergency scenarios, and has contingency plans in place in each of our Study Centers to handle both small and large-scale events. Once you have arrived overseas, you will be provided with a number of safety resources during an extensive on-site orientation. Some of these protocols include:
- 24-hour phone line for emergencies
- Mental health support line available 24/7, offering free, confidential counseling with licensed English-speaking psychologists and referrals for in-person appointments
- On-call doctors and support finding medical specialists and understanding insurance policies and procedures
- Travel sign-out for independent travel, allowing Accent to contact you in the event of an emergency