By using this site, you consent to Accent’s collection, use, and sharing of information about you, described below. Please review this policy. If there is any part you do not agree with, or if you do not think this policy provides enough protection, you should exit this site and not stay or visit it. If there is information you do not wish to consent to our receipt, collection or use of, you should not visit, use or remain at this site.
- Commitment to Comply with the Privacy Shield Network: Accent complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States.
- Independent Recourse Mechanism for Privacy Shield Complaints: In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Accent commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Accent at: Allison Keith, (415) 835-3744 (email@example.com)Accent has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS EU-US Privacy Shield Program, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
- Information Collection, Storage and Sharing: We are the sole owner of information collected on this site. We have access to and collect information you voluntarily give us by email or other contact from you. This includes information such as your name, address, email address, username, password, and any other information about you that you provide. Our system may automatically store information related to your use of this site. We collect any information you enter on our site, or that your device provides to our site, or that you give us any other way. Regardless of the information you send us, the only data we will knowingly maintain is the
• Name (first and last)
• Phone Number
• Email Address
• Family Member Names
• Financial Information
• Passport Information
We cannot rule out that our system may automatically maintain other information, such as metadata.
- Type of Third Parties to Which Accent Discloses Personal Information: Accent will not sell or give away any personal information about you to an unrelated company, organization, or individual without your permission, except that if our company were to merge or be sold, the other party would acquire the information. Accent uses your personal information to ensure an optimal study abroad experience. Accent may provide information about you to airlines, apartment owners and other student housing providers, to your home college or university (such as for academic issues and health and safety matters), embassies and government departments, and/or other involved third party seeking to ensure fulfillment of your study abroad experience. We do not knowingly reveal your personal information to another party without your permission. Information you send us by email or form submission on accentglobal.com may be used to 1) identify you; 2) fulfill or support your study abroad experience; and/or 3) allow us to contact you for logistical or emergency reasons.Third party service providers, such as for web management, consulting, service and repair of our information technology equipment, access and usage, may have access to information you provide or that we have, in performing their service for us.
- Right to Access Your Personal Information: You have the right to access your personal data and you can control the accuracy of the information you provide us. We encourage you to review information for accuracy before you send it to us. Please contact us by email or U.S. Mail to: 1) See what data we have about you, if any; and/or 2) Change/correct any data we have about you.If you believe we may have incorrect information and you want us to correct it, or if you want us to take other action, you can ask us to delete or correct information or stop using information you provided, by emailing a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter with your request to Allison Keith, Accent Global, 870 Market Street, #1026, S.F., CA 94102.
- Your Choices for Limiting the Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information: You have the right to access your personal data and you can contact Accent to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data. You may opt out of future contacts with us at any time. Please contact us by email or U.S. Mail to: 1) Tell us any concern you have about our use of data about you; 2) Ask us to stop processing data about you; and/or 3) Ask us to remove data about you in part or in whole. If you want to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information please send your request by emailing us at email@example.com or sending a letter with your request to Allison Keith, Accent Global, 870 Market Street, #1026, S.F., CA 94102.
- Accent Is Subject to Regulation by the Federal Trade Commission and/or the Department of Transportation: Accent is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and/or the Department of Transportation.
- Your Right to Invoke Binding Arbitration: If you have a complaint and Accent is not able to resolve it, you may invoke binding arbitration under the Privacy Shield policies. Accent is willing to enter into binding arbitration with written notice provided that all pre-arbitration requirements listed at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=C-Pre-Arbitration-Requirements are met.
- Accent’s Duty to Disclose Your Personal Information in Response to Legal Process: Accent is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Accent may disclose personal information if in good faith, Accent believes disclosure is necessary or advisable (for example, without limitation, to protect rights or property of Accent, or to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities). We may cooperate in providing personal information to law enforcement representatives if asked voluntarily to do so.
- Accent’s Liability for Onward Transfer of Your Personal Information to Third Parties: Accent uses third-party service providers to provide travel related services. If Accent becomes aware that a service provider can no longer meet its obligation to meet the principals of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Accent will take steps to stop or remediate unauthorized processing. In onward transfers of data, received pursuant to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, Accent is potentially liable for actions of an agent taken on Accent’s behalf. Accent is also liable for unauthorized onward transfers to third parties.