Leveraging Shared Values
At USC each school or college is responsible for its own global programs. Informed by a keen understanding of university-wide values, student services, and expectations Accent adapts to the objectives and structure of each office. Working with many different departments and campus leaders in this decentralized model means we can see connections and bring people together to learn about one another’s global work. The result has been shared learning and enhanced programs. Highlights of our current program portfolio include:
- Dornsife College of Arts, Letters & Sciences Paris and Madrid semester programs
- Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism London and Rome semester programs
- International Communication Studies summer seminar — a five-week, five-city faculty-directed program in Paris, London, Madrid, Rome and Istanbul
- Viterbi School of Engineering faculty-directed summer program
- Short-term programs such Music and Dance in Paris Salon Culture with the Glorya Kaufman School of Dance (Paris); Global Ciphas: Hip Hop Circles around the World with Dornsife College (Paris) and New Media for Social Change with the Annenberg School (London)
Our relationship with USC spans over twenty-five years. In recent years, USC opened a London office within the Accent London Study Center. Having this home base has allowed USC’s staff to recruit undergraduates to the university, support international alumni initiatives, and represent USC in Europe. Sharing headquarters in this way has been a valuable model for other partners as well.